Issuing Company: Dinkie Ltd.|
Country of Issue: England
Year of Issue: 1949
Color/B&W: B&W (Brown tone)
Number of Cards in Set: 24
Card Size: uncut-2 13/16" x 2 1/2" or cut 1 5/8" x 2 1/2"
Issued as insert with what product: Hair Grips
Notes: Checklist Incomplete. Dinkie issued 11 series of movie star cards. (This is one of two series to feature scenes from Warner Bros. films.) The series number is printed on the cards. These cards came with a tab that could be cut off or left on - these cards are found either way.
Thanks to Helen Lallo and Richard Minns for help with this checklist.
1. Cary Grant and Alexis Smith in "Night and Day"
2. Robert Alda & Ida Lupino
3. George Brent and Bette Davis in "The Great Lie"
4. Dennis Morgan & Eleanor Parker
5. Ann Sheridan & Zachary Scott
6. Gary Cooper & Ingrid Bergman in "Saratoga Trunk"
7. Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall in "The Big Story"
8. Cary Grant and Priscilla Lane in "Arsenic and Old Lace"
9. Paul Henried & Ida Lupino
10. Ann Sheridan & Jack Benny
11. Barbara Stanwyck & Humphrey Bogart in "The Two Mrs. Carrolls"
12. Ann Sheridan & Dennis Morgan
13. Paul Henreid and Eleanor Parker
14. Bette Davis & Glenn Ford in "A Stolen Life"
15. Charles Boyer & Lauren Bacall in "Confidential Agent"
16. Barbra Stanwyck & Dennis Morgan
17. Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in "Casablanca"
18. Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck
20. Zachary Scott and Faye Emerson
21. Ann Sheridan & Kent Smith
22. Robert Hutton & Martha Vickers
23. Charles Boyer and Joan Fontaine
24. Ann Sheridan & Errol Flynn in "The Edge of Darkness"
Dinkie Warner Bros. Films (Series 6) Sales List
Dinkie Checklists | Movie Card Website Front Page